Information We Collect
Topo Guru collects information to operate our business and provide you with innovative climbing IT solutions improve existing products and services, develop new products and services, and to improve and personalize your experiences interacting with us. We collect both Personal Data and Other Information in support of these efforts.
- Personal Data is information that can be used, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information, to identify you as an individual User. When you register with us, we collect registration and demographic details (.e.g., name, username and password, email address, date of birth, and location). This may include your precise GPS Location Data.
- Location Data: We may collect precise location data as part of the functionality of our Services. For example, if you want to navigate yourself to a boulder with Topo Guru application and you have enabled geolocation tracking, we will collect your Location Data to show you the direction and distance of the boulder. We collect Location Data from the device on which you use our Services and your wireless carrier. If you decline to allow Location Data collection in the app, we will not collect your Location Data unless you manually enter it in.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website – (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service – (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights based on GDPR, which you can exercise at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under this section.
- The right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests, and separately the right to object to direct marketing.
- The right to ask us, in some situations, to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- The right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We store the following personal data information: your name, nickname, location, purchasing history, facebook id (if registered with facebook-user), email address.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We respect your communication preferences and have created several ways for you to control how Topo Guru communicates with you: Email Communication: You may stop receiving promotional email messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message you receive. Please note that if you unsubscribe from “all emails” this means “all promotional emails” and you still will receive email communications from us that are not promotional in nature (for example safety instructions). Push Notifications: With your permission, Topo Guru may use push notifications to let you know about new messages or events even when you are not actively using a Service. You can manage the type of push notifications you receive from Topo Guru by modifying the settings in your phone menu.
Manage your geolocation services
Disabling location services will not allow us to collect your Location Data when you use our Services and may impact the operation of a Service, for example it will not be possible to show you the distance from a boulder.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Third Parties We Don’t Own or Control
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How to Contact Us